Shorewood residents enjoy the beauty of open space and wetlands and active recreation in over 101 acres of parkland. Bikers, hikers and walkers enjoy the LRT trail which runs through Shorewood and stretches from Hopkins to Victoria. Summer programs offer fun and learning for residents of all ages. Winter gets heated up with Arctic Fever, a tri-community event offering non-stop activities. There is always something to do with all Shorewood has to offer. Whether it’s an impromptu picnic or a planned event, Shorewood's facilities provide a welcoming environment.
Twila Grout, Park Coordinator
- Arctic Fever winter festival, Third weekend in January
- Movie in the Park, Friday, September 6, 8 p.m., Freeman Park; Mary Poppins Returns
- Music in the Park, Thursday, July 25, 2019, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Freeman Park, Shalo Lee Band
- Safety Camp, August 14, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Watch for information and registration.
- Shorewood Community and Event Center
- Spring Garden Fair, March