Shorewood residents enjoy the beauty of open space and wetlands and active recreation in over 101 acres of parkland. Bikers, hikers and walkers enjoy the LRT trail which runs through Shorewood and stretches from Hopkins to Victoria. Summer programs offer fun and learning for residents of all ages. Winter gets heated up with Arctic Fever, a tri-community event offering non-stop activities. There is always something to do with all Shorewood has to offer. Whether it’s an impromptu picnic or a planned event, Shorewood's facilities provide a welcoming environment.
Twila Grout, Park Coordinator
- Arctic Fever winter festival, Third weekend in January
- Movie in the Park, August 28, 8 p.m., Back to the Future (PG), Freeman Park
- Music in the Park, July 9, 2020, Shalo Lee Band, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Freeman Park
- Safety Camp, Canceled for 2020
- Shorewood Community and Event Center
- Spring Garden Fair, March (TBD)