Practices the Shorewood City Council committed to include:
- The city shall undertake its best efforts to become a Bee-Safe City by undertaking best management practices in the use of plantings and pesticides in all public places within the city.
- The city shall refrain from the use of systemic pesticides on Shorewood city property including pesticides from the neonicotinoid family.
- The city shall undertake its best efforts to plant flowers favorable to bees and other pollinators in the city's public spaces.
- The city shall designate Bee-Safe areas in which future city plantings are free from systemic pesticides including neonicotinoids.
- The city shall undertake best efforts to communicate to Shorewood residents the importance of creating and maintaining a pollinator-friendly habitat.
- The city shall publish a Bee-Safe City progress report on an annual basis.