In this time when we can’t be physically together, join your community in making a positive impact!
The #1 New Year’s resolution that Americans make each year is to exercise more. However, with many gyms temporarily shut down this winter, setting goals for 2021 might require a bit more creativity. So, why not make a resolution that can teach you a new skill, improve your health, positively impact the environment, and even save you money, all from the comfort of your own home? This year, the City of Shorewood invites you to make a Sustainable New Year’s Resolution! We’ve put together a list of ten specific, easy, and impactful actions that anyone can take, and if you sign up for ONE resolution during December or January, we’ll send you a free “Sustainable Resolution Toolkit” with information, tips, and tools to help you get started and follow through on your specific resolution. Our 2021 Sustainable New Year’s Resolution list is below.
This year, I will…
- Throw away less produce
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Buy my clothes secondhand
- Go meatless at least one day a week
- Turn off the lights when I leave the room
- Compost my kitchen scraps
- Use reusable grocery bags
- Repair an item (or learn how to do so)
- Give gifts wrapped in reusable or recyclable material
- Contact a government official about sustainability
- Other (Create your Own)