If you are going to have a campaign sign on your property or you want to place campaign signs, the following rules cover these signs:
- Should not be bigger than six square feet in all residential districts, or 12 square feet in other zoning districts
- Every campaign sign must contain the name and address of persons responsible for the sign, and that person is responsible for its removal
- Signs are allowed on each lot for a period of 100 days prior to and ten 10 days after an election
- Signs must be removed following the 10-day post-election timeline
- Campaign signs cannot be located closer than 10' from any street surface, and cannot be placed in front of any property without the consent of the property owner.
Reference ordinance (1201.03, Sub.11, b1, d)
If you have questions about campaign sign locations, please contact the planning department, 952.960.7909.