If you are going to have a campaign sign on your property or you want to place campaign signs, the following rules cover these signs:
- Shall should not be bigger than six (6) square feet in all residential districts, or twelve (12) square feet in other zoning districts
- Every campaign sign must contain the name and address of persons responsible for the sign, and that person is responsible for its removal
- Signs are allowed on each lot for a period of ninety (90) days prior to and ten (10) days after an election
- The city has the right to remove and destroy unsightly signs or remove signs after the ten (10) day limit and assess a fee of one dollar ($1) per sign
- Campaign signs cannot be located closer than ten feet (10') from any street surface, and cannot be placed in front of any property without the consent of the property owner.
Reference ordinance (1201.03, Sub.11, b1d)