City Council position
Shorewood has five member council: four council members and one mayor. Each is for a four-year term.
To qualify as a candidate:
- Be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- Have not filed for another office in the upcoming primary or general election
- Be 21-years of age or more upon assuming office (January 1, 2019)
- Be a resident of the City of Shorewood
Shorewood municipal office candidates file at Shorewood City Hall. Each candidate receives a packet of financial and campaign information at the time of filing. If you have any questions about filing to run for municipal office, please contact City Hall at 952.960.7900.
Filing fee (all candidates): $2.00, or petition in lieu of filing fee per Shorewood Municipal Code, 1300.
- Republican Party
- Independence Party
- Precinct Caucuses
- Constitutional Amendments
The LWV also sponsors non-partisan candidate forums and debates; for more information, contact the League of Women Voters at 651.224.5445.