Absentee vote for the November 3 General Election
Absentee voting for the General Election begins September 18.
Register to vote
Have an absentee ballot mailed to you
Track your ballot
Shorewood voters may also fill out an absentee ballot application at city hall. They can then vote in-person at city hall, or take the ballot with them with a postage-paid envelope. In-person voting at city hall is during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Sample ballots are available online for your review prior to voting.
City precautions at the polling place during the COVID-19 pandemic
You may vote on General Election Day, November 3, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at your polling location. To find your polling place, contact city hall at 952.960.7900, or go to mnvotes.org. Precautions for COVID have been made at Shorewood polling places:
- Masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Pens are provided at the election judges table for each voter. Voters can take their pen.
- Plexiglass screening at the election judge tables.
- All voting booths are sanitized between voters.
- Social distancing rules will apply, including spacing of tables and voting booths.
- Curbside is available by request. A call number will be by the entrance of each voting location. Election judges will bring election materials to the car.
Primary election results
Precinct 1 polling location change
Due to COVID-19 changes, the polling location for Enchanted and Shady islands will be at Shorewood Community and Event Center, 5735 Country Club Road, rather than at the residence where it has been located in the past. This affects the primary and general election and is the new polling place indefinitely.
During the 2020 election, there are two council members and one mayor position on the ballot. All positions are four-year terms.
Election Day voting
Check your poll location before each election to make sure you are going to the right place to vote.
November 3, 2020: General Election
Additional dates for absentee voting and pre-registration dates are on the Hennepin County website.
Please feel free to contact Shorewood's city clerk's office with any additional questions at 952.960.7900.
Public Notice 6/24/2020: Notice of public accuracy test