Job openings for many local government entities may also be found on the League of Minnesota Cities website.
The City of Shorewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Center Attendant
Provides Receptionist and General Community Center Support
- Able to work independently and a variety of shifts on evenings, weekends and holidays. Work hours/schedules subject to change due to the cancellation of events.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Community Center facility.
- Greets and assists walk-in customers at the front desk.
- Performs registration and fee collection for scheduled activities.
- Answers telephone and provides information to callers or routes call to appropriate individuals.
- During events, answer questions of participants and resolves problems.
- Assures activities are in compliance with the center rules.
- Occasionally performs general facility cleaning and room set up to assure a well-maintained facility for guests.
Community Center job application
Email completed application to email@example.com, or mail or drop off at city hall, 5755 Country Club Road, Shorewood, MN 55331. Contact the community center director, 952.960.7902, if you have questions.
- Adopt a Garden
Volunteer gardeners are sought to assist with city gardens. If you would like to learn more, or find the location of one of the gardens, please contact the city at 952.960.7900. This is a great project for neighborhoods, community organizations, families and individuals.
- Arctic Fever
The Arctic Fever Committee is looking for volunteers to work at various locations and events during the Arctic Fever Winter Festival, third weekend in January. For information or to volunteer contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the city at 952.960.7900.
At various times of the year, the City of Shorewood seeks residents to represent the city on the board of various community organizations. These are volunteer appointments. Each representative is encouraged to provide a quarterly report to the City Council on the organization’s activities.
The Lake Minnetonka Conservation District (LMCD)
The LMCD reviews permits and licenses, such as special events, multiple docks and charter boats. The LMCD considers lake management issues, and other issues such as Eurasian Water milfoil and Zebra Mussels. Meetings are at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month.
The Lake Minnetonka Communications Commission (LMCC)
The LMCC oversees the cable franchise and the local public access television studio. All meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month, with the full committee meeting quarterly and the executive committee meeting eight times per year.
- Excelsior Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce
Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber Welcome Center, various hours and days available, located in downtown Excelsior.
- The Minnetonka Community Education (MCE) Services
This advisory board is open to District #276 residents. This board advises, promotes and supports community education programs, services and budgets. The board meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month.
For any of the volunteer positions listed above, interested residents should send a letter to the city at 5755 Country Club Road, Shorewood, MN 55331, or fax to 952-474-0128, or e-mail email@example.com. A resume may be included but is not required.
Residents may find volunteer opportunities here: