Beginning July 26, 2021, MnDOT will be closing portions of Highway 7, including some intersections. The entire project will last into mid-October. Get information and contacts on the MnDOT construction page.
8 p.m. Sun, July 25 through Sat, Aug. 14
- EB Hwy 7 is reduced to one lane between Christmas Lake Rd. and Hwy 101
Mon, July 26 through Sat, Aug. 14
- Access to and from EB Hwy 7 to Christmas Lake Rd. is closed
- Access to and from WB Hwy 7 to Christmas Lake Rd. is closed
- Hwy 7 to Christmas Lake Rd. detour: NB Christmas Lake Rd. to Excelsior Blvd., WB Excelsior Blvd. to Mill St., southbound on Mill St. to 3rd Ave., eastbound on 3rd Ave. to Christmas Lake.
- NB Christmas Lake Rd. detour: NB Christmas Lake Rd. to 3rd Ave., westbound on 3rd Ave. to Mill St., northbound on Mill St. to Excelsior Blvd., eastbound on Excelsior Blvd. to Christmas Lake Rd.
Mill and Overlay FAQs
Construction has started. If you have an issue with your specific road project, please contact
Cody Gerold, 612-644-3344.
The roads for the 2021 mill and overlay project include:
Old Market Road
Near Mountain Blvd
West 62nd Street
Grant Lorenz Road
Mill and overlay consist of taking up the current surface, regrinding the material, and laying down a new road surface. The project does not include adding watermain to areas without city water.
Residents on these roads should register email and cell phone information in the Constant Contact 2021 mill and overlay email list to receive construction updates.
Mill and Overlay Draft of Project Specs
Mill and Overlay Draft o Construction Plans
Enchanted and Shady islands
Amlee Road (reconstruction)
Glen Road (reconstruction)
Manitou Road (reconstruction)
Other 2021 Shorewood projects
Mary Lake outlet
Proposed 2022 Projects
Proposed 2023 projects
Birch Bluff Road
Mill Street trail