Run for city council: filing is open July 28 to August 11
To qualify for city council/mayor:
- 18-years of age or older
- Eligible to register to vote
- Be a resident of Shorewood for at least 30 days before the election.
- Review the candidate packet .
- Complete the Affidavit of Candidacy (do not sign the affidavit until you are in front of a notary).
- Bring the $2 filing fee or the 500-signature petition with the affidavit to city hall at your appointment time to file candidacy. City hall staff can notarize your affidavit.