Recycling Frequently Asked Questions
Missed recycling pick-up? Report the miss to Republic Services, 952.941-5174.
Need a larger or additional cart? Contact Republic Services or the city, 952.960.7900.
The City of Shorewood does not host a drop off location, but there are several options free to residents.
1. Minnetonka Public Works (11522 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305) has dumpsters which accept any items that are recyclable curbside 24/7.
2. Recyclables may be taken to Hennepin County Environmental Services or Carver County Environmental Services. Items in addition to those recyclable curbside are accepted. Click on the desired drop off location for a link to those sites and what is accepted.
3. Paint is accepted at Hennepin County Environmental Services or Carver County Environmental Services. Several stores will also take paint back for disposal or recycling. Check by zip code.
4. Electronics may be taken to Hennepin County Environmental Services or Carver County Environmental Services (some have a fee). Best Buy stores and Staples stores also take back some elctronics. Contact the store or see their web site for specifics.
5. Check the Hennepin County Green Disposal Guide for many other recycling options.
In Shorewood, recycling services are contracted through the city and collection provided to all homes by Republic Services. Additional or larger containers are available at no charge. Simply call teh city at 952.960.7900, or email your request including your address.
Missed Pick-ups should be reported ASAP to Republic Services, 952.941.5174.
Garbage collection is contracted by individual homeowners with one of the cities licensed haulers. Services can include refuse, yard waste, and organics recycling, depending upon the hauler.