- If you have questions concerning your utility bills or for commercial rates, contact Michelle Nguyen, 952.960.7900.
- If you have questions concerning your water service, water meters, storm water or your sanitary sewer service, call Public Works at 952.960.7914.
Online Utility Bill Payment
Residents are billed quarterly the first week of January, April, July and October for utilities. Bills are due by the end of the billing moth. Residents may mail payments to city hall, use the 24-hour drop-box at city hall, drop the payment off in person, sign up for Auto-Pay, pay online.
There are several service providers for satalite television, telephone and internet. Please see your local yellow pages or search onine for providers.
Know what to do in case of a power outage.
Water meters are read each quarter and the amount used is rounded to the nearest 1,000 gallons of usage and billed accordingly.
- $17.50 per quarter for the first 5,000 gallons.
- $2.95 per 1,000 gallons in excess of 5,000 gallons up to 50,000 gallons.
- $4.25 per thousand gallons in excess of 50,000 gallons per quarter.
- $77.29 per quarter.
- $14 per quarter per household.
The residential rate is determined by lot size.
- Less than 10,000 sq. ft. = $18.30
- 10,000 – 50,000 sq. ft. =$26.13
- Lot excess 50,000 sq. ft. = $34.01
- autoPay FAQ's
- By Mail
- Drop Off
Pay your utility bill with autoPAY or Online
AutoPAY offers residents the convenience of automatic payment of your utility bill, paid on the due date with no additional charge to you from a checking or savings account. Online payment allows you to make a one-time or auto payment by credit card. Utility bills are due on the last weekday in January, April, July and October. Both services are at no extra charge to the customer. Billing questions may be referred to 952.960.7904.
Q. How do I sign up?
A. It’s easy. Simply complete the authorization form and include the requested information for your desired payment method. For checking accounts, include a void check, and for savings accounts, include a withdrawal slip.
Q. What about my billing statement?
A. You will continue to receive a billing statement as usual. Each statement will indicate the amount and will show the message "Paid by Bank Draft" on your utility statement payment stub. Funds will be transferred on the day prior to the due date on the billing. Until you see the wording "Paid by Bank Draft" on your City utility statement payment stub, please continue to pay your bill as usual.
Q. How will my bills be paid?
A. One day prior to the due date on the billing, funds will be automatically transferred from your checking or savings account.
Q. How can I be sure my bill has been paid?
A. Each direct payment will be clearly itemized on your bank statement.
Q. What if I have a question about my bill?
A. Simply call the City using the phone number on the billing.
Q. Is there a charge for this service?
A. No. The City does not charge for AutoPay and you enjoy the additional savings of no postage to mail bills or checks to write for your bills.
Send payment to:
City of Shorewood
ATTN: Utility Billing
5755 Country Club Rd
Shorewood MN 55331
Drop off/in person: Residents who prefer to drop off their payment in person have the following options:
- Use the outside drop box located at the bottom of the ramp to the left of the front doors at City Hall, 5755 Country Club Road
- Use the drop box in the lobby of City Hall