Report a Road

City streets are inspected and assessed annually for any needed maintenance and hazards (resurfacing and drainage). Public Works staff also inspects any received notification of hazards in streets. Call 952.960.7900 for more information or to report a street needing repair or report with SeeClickFix. Please be specific in describing the location and problem.

Issues with county roads should be reported to Hennepin County. Problems on state roads may be directed to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.

Related Links

Speed Limits

The city maintains speed limits according to guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Transportation. Shorewood city council adopted a speed policy to respond to requests for speed limit changes and enforcement. If you notice a speed problem, you may request the Speed Awareness Display (SAD) be placed on the roadway to monitor speeds. Requests should be directed to South Lake Minnetonka Police Department. The SAD is in high demand, so your request will be put on a list and your street will be monitored when possible.




Bookmark and Share

Underground Utilities

Gopher State One-Call

Prior to landscaping, planting trees, installing a fence, building a deck or home addition, or anything that involves excavation more than six inches deep, state law requires you to call Gopher State One-Call (GSOC) to locate underground utilities 48 hours before you plan to dig.

How it works:
Call GSOC at 651.454.0002 two business days before digging (not including weekends, holidays, or emergencies). Office hours are 7am–5pm, Monday through Friday.

Gopher State One-Call is a free service provided by Minnesota’s underground utility operators.

If your yard has been marked

If your yard has been marked with paint or small flags, this means that someone is planning to perform work in the area, and has called Gopher State One Call system for a utility locate. The white markings represent the proposed excavation area. The other color markings and flags represent underground utilities that are located in and near the proposed excavation area. Often the flags identify the parties who are doing the work. You may wish to contact them to determine what activities are planned.