Dead Animal Removal Information

On Roadways

  • If the animal is on a City Street, call Public Works at 952-960-7914.
  • If the animal is on a County Road, call Hennepin County at 612-348-3000.
  • If the animal is on a State Highway, call 651-582-1550.

On Private Property

lf the animal is on private property, it is the responsibility of the homeowner(s) to have it removed. The DNR DOES NOT remove dead animals from private property.

The DNR suggests the following:

  • The homeowner should drag the dead animal off to an area of the yard and let it decompose naturally. This will take a couple of weeks.
  • The homeowner could check with their trash collector. Some companies will take the dead animal. They should verify this with trash collector and get the specific information if this service is provided.