Non-city utilities

Break Ground, Not the Law
Always call 811, or submit an online ticket to Gopher State One-Call, before digging in your yard to avoid hitting buried gas or electric lines. Not only is it the safe thing to do, it is the law. You must contact GSOC at least 48 hours (not including weekends and holidays) in advance of your plans to excavate.

Cable Television
Cable/Internet services are offered through a franchise agreement with Mediacom Communications. Mediacom may be reached at 800.790.8187.


Electric service in the city is provided by Xcel Energy. Please contact Xcel for all electricity requests and issues. Report electrical outages online or by phone, 800.895.1999.
Natural gas

Gas for Shorewood residents is provided by Centerpoint Energy. Please contact Centerpoint for all natural gas requests. If you smell gas suspect a gas leak, leave the building and call 9-1-1. For non-emergency issues, contact Centerpoint online, or by phone, 612.372.4727.

Landline phone and Internet service is offered in Shorewood by CenturyLink

Other providers:
Many additional Internet phone services and satellite television providers are available. An online search for those providers is recommended.