The March 25, 2019, city council agenda contains a proposed utility bill increase. Complete information will be provided prior to the meeting when available.
- If you have questions concerning your utility bills or for commercial rates, contact Michelle Nguyen, 952.960.7904.
- If you have questions concerning your water service, water meters, storm water or your sanitary sewer service, call Public Works at 952.960.7914.
Online Utility Bill Payment
The City of Shorewood now offers online utility bill payment services by credit card. There is no added fee to charge your utility bill payment. To set up your account, have your bill and account number available and click on the utility bill payment button. Follow the instructions. If you have questions, please contact Finance at 952.960.7904.
Residents are billed quarterly the first week of January, April, July and October for utilities. Bills are due by the end of the billing moth. Residents may mail payments to city hall, use the 24-hour drop-box at city hall, drop the payment off in person, sign up for Auto-Pay, pay online.
The City of Shorewood negotiated with CenterPoint Energy in 2017, and Xcel Energy in 2018 to establish franchises fees. They will appear as a line item on your bill as “City Franchise fee” . The fee is $4 per month for each utility for those with single-family type meters. The City Council has committed that these funds be dedicated for street improvement projects.
Water meters are read each quarter and the amount used is rounded to the nearest 1,000 gallons of usage and billed accordingly.
- $18.35 per quarter for the first 5,000 gallons.
- $3.10 per 1,000 gallons in excess of 5,000 gallons up to 50,000 gallons.
- $4.46 per thousand gallons in excess of 50,000 gallons per quarter.
- $79.60 per quarter.
- $14 per quarter per household.
The residential rate is determined by lot size.
- Less than 10,000 sq. ft. = $20.13
- 10,000 – 50,000 sq. ft. =$28.74
- Lot excess 50,000 sq. ft. = $37.41