Frequently Used Phone Numbers

City Hall & Inspections

After Hours Public Works

Southshore Center

Christmas Lake Camera
(Safari or Internet Explorer)



Pay utility bill

See click fix

GIS maps


On the Calendar

MON, JUNE 27, 6:30 PM, City Council Executive Session

MON, JUNE 27, 7:00 PM, City Council Regular Meeting
Item #6A Attachment for Regular Meeting
Item #9B Attachment for Regular Meeting

TUES, JUNE 28, 7:00 PM, Park Commission Meeting

WED, JUNE 29, Recycling Day

THURS, JUNE 30, Recycling Day-Island

MON, JULY 4, Holiday, City Hall Closed

Monthly Calendar

Contact Us


Bookmark and Share


Join eNews!

Get newsletters, recycling reminders, road contruction updates, city news and more through our eNews subscription service. Update or change at your convenience. Sign Up

Tree Inspectors Taking Inventory of Public Spaces

You might notice a vehicle driving through your street, stopping, and measuring trees in the public right of way. City of Shorewood has contracted with a tree service to do a tree inventory of public trees so that we can establish a tree management plan. This will help the city determine the mix of trees in public spaces and how to prepare for tree disesases and maintain tree diversity. Inspections are expected to begin Tuesday, June 21 and should be complete by Friday, June 24.

Crescent Beach Open

Hennepin County Public Health's information on beach conditions is online.

Water Report Available

The annual water report is now available. This report is for testing that was conducted during the year 2015. If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Director Larry Brown, 952.960.7913, or

Report City Issues With See Click Fix

To better serve residents in the community, Shorewood has joined with See Click Fix reporting system to simplify reporting of issues in the community. It is not for emergencies, but is a great way to report downed trees, potholes, graffiti or vandalism, park equipment issues, and other similar items. Click on the button at the right to check out the system and to get links to add a mobile app to your cellular phone.

Road Construction Creates Delays

Please drive slowly through construction zones and watch out for large trucks. Roadways are narrow in construction areas so please be cautious.

To get Shorewood road construction updates, sign up on eNews!road construction sign

Smithtown Road Sidewalk – East Extension
Due to scheduling of multiple construction projects, there has been no construction activity onsite for the last few weeks, at the request of the City.  The Contractor will resume construction operations this Friday (June 24).

All storm sewer installation has been completed throughout the project corridor.  This week the Contractor will begin grading in preparation for the new concrete curb anticipated to be installed Tuesday, June 28, weather permitting.    Restoration of the roadway will be completed following curb installation.  Residents along the route should have their vehicle out of your driveway no later than 7:00 a.m., Tuesday, June 28th.  Once the concrete curb is placed, residents will not be allowed to drive over the curb to access their driveway for 3-5 days after curb placement.   The Contractor will backfill the curb adjacent to your driveway when access is allowed.

To allow for sufficient work zone to complete the concrete curb installation and road restoration, the Contractor may detour east bound Smithtown Road traffic beginning Tuesday, June 28th and continuing until the concrete curb installation and road restoration are complete.  The traveling public is encouraged to find alternate route during the lane closure and to follow the posted detour.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact Matt, 612.246.9347, or by email.

Yellowstone Trail
Yellowstone Trail will close west of Country Club Road for approximately two weeks. This closure is to continue the MCES sewer connection and will also include the construction of a new city sewer to replace the current MCES line. Signs will be placed prior to this closure notifying residents of the starting date. There will be no through traffic on Yellowstone Trail during this closure. 

All construction is dependent upon weather.

GIS Maps Open to the Public

Check out the new Shorewood maps available online! Properties can be searched using address, owners last name, and property identification code.

Development Projects

The Shorewood City Council has approved final plan, plat and development agreement for two major development projects in Shorewood. Get more information on both projects online:

Minnetonka Country Club Development, Country Club and Smithtown Roads
Oppidan Senior Housing Development, Chaska Road and Highway 7

  • Utility Bills
  • Pot Holes
  • Hydrant Flushing
  • Recycling
  • Community Center
  • Solicitors

Reporting Pot Holes

Pot Holes can happen overnight and your car has an easy time finding brand new holes! Please report all pot holes to the city, county or MnDOT accordingly.

2016 Spring Watermain flushing began April 4 and will continue throughout the city until hydrant

City water mains are flushed semi-annually in the spring and the fall. Households may experience rusty water, discoloration or low water pressure during flushing. However, if you do experience rusty water, running the cold-water tap will usually clean out your system. Call the Utility Division at 952.960.7900 if you have a problem related to flushing that does not clear up within 48 hours.


City code requires for-profit solicitors to get a solicitation license from the city. Each solicitor must carry a copy of the license, and they must be able to show it upon request. No FEMA solicitors will be going door to door. Call 9-1-1 if you are contacted by one.
Learn More