The City Council amended the sign regulations for signs with political or other noncommercial messages in 2022.
From 46 days prior to the primary election up to 10 days following the general election, anyone can place any number or size of signs on their property. However, if you plan to place the signs close to the street, there are a few additional rules to remember.
Signs must be at least five feet from streets and the five feet is measured from the following:
- The curb of a paved roadway.
- The paved street surface for those streets without curbs or shoulders.
- The edge of the aggregate surface for gravel streets or those paved streets with improved gravel shoulders.
- No political signs may be placed on public lands (including parks and open spaces).
- Within thirty feet of street intersections, signs are limited to 30 inches in height.
If you have questions about campaign sign locations, please contact the planning department, 952.960.7909.