Non-city utilities (such as gas, electricity and Internet)
The city of Shorewood public works department is in charge of municipal water, storm sewer and sanitary sewer. See frequently asked questions or email questions to the city. Many public works issues can be reported online using SeeClickFix. The city also contracts for residential recycling services. Please contact the city with questions or concerns by phone at 952.960.7900.
Utility rates were updated with a slight increase beginning with October 2022 usage (billed in January). Updated rates are reflected below.
Water meters are read each quarter and the amount used is rounded to the nearest 1,000 gallons of usage and billed accordingly (updated October 2022).
- $26.86 per quarter for the first 5,000 gallons.
- $4.54 per 1,000 gallons in excess of 5,000 gallons up to 50,000 gallons.
- $6.52 per thousand gallons in excess of 50,000 gallons per quarter.
- $112.36 per quarter (residential).
- $14 per quarter per household (no 2023 increase)
The residential rate is determined by lot size.
- Less than 10,000 sq. ft. = $26.11
- 10,000 – 50,000 sq. ft. =$37.29
- Lot excess 50,000 sq. ft. = $48.54
Other utility links: